Pentax K-3 II DSLR (Body Only)
The Pentax K-3 II features a weather resistant body with 92 protection seals, built-in GPS, electronic compass and new-generation PENTAX-original shake reduction mechanism for the best photo camera for expedition shooting
The best photo camera for expedition shooting
- Weather resistant body with 92 protection seals
- Stainless steel chassis and magnesium alloy body
- Built-in GPS to keep the trails of photos on Google Earth
- Electronic Compass to display the camera’s direction on the camera’s LCD monitor
- Astrotracer to simplify the tracing and photographing of celestial
- Wifi remote control via Smartphones, tablet and computer with dedicated Pentax Flu Card (in option)
- New-generation PENTAX-original shake reduction mechanism
Pixel Shift Resolution
Advanced resolution technology for capturing still life subjects in ultra high definition
The in-body SR (shake reduction) mechanism is used to move the image sensor unit in minute increments, a single pixel pitch at a time, to capture four shots. Pixel Shift Resolution merges those shots into a single image to generate an ultra high-definition image. This method differs from the traditional Bayer method, which acquires only a single element of color information for single pixel, by acquiring all RGB color information for individual pixel. This difference makes it excellent for detail and color reproduction, creating super high-definition images. This also prevents false colors from occurring theoretically, and also has a high-sensitivity noise reduction effect when compared to normal shooting.
Photographed RAW images can be processed on the camera and also developed using the included utility software as Pixel Shift Resolution.
*Be sure to use a tripod for thorough stabilization when shooting.
*When shooting, use Drive Mode options: Self-timer, Remote Control, or Mirror Lock-up Shooting.
*Effects may not be gained if the subject moves or the camera shakes.